Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Companionship Shrunk 4 to 2

Hey gang,
 
IMG_0608.JPG
Sister Donovan and I with one of our district's mascots
....a random huge stuffed animal
 
I can see now why we have 2 hours on the computer. Thank you for everyone that emailed me! But now I'm running out of time and only have 45 minutes left.
 
I really can't believe it's been almost a month since I saw everyone (for the most part). On Friday this weeks marks one months of my mission experience already gone. That's sad to think about. There's a lot of work to do. But just keep going with the time that we have.


IMG_0644.JPG
Saying goodbye to Johnson and Donovan
Also with the Rice family that we live with
Emma is their dog
This last week, Sister Woessner and I had to say goodbye to our trainers (Sister Donovan and Sister Johnson).  I'm so glad I was able to learn everything that I could from them. They are both great missionaries and are missed. They provided huge footsteps to follow in, but we are trying to keep them big.  :)  It really hasn't been as hard as I thought: keeping going after they left Thursday afternoon. Although Friday we had an all day training.  That's something I didn't realize about missionary work until coming here. There are a lot of meetings. Everyday it seems like we spend at least 2 hours in some kind of meeting, plus the time we have to study, doesn't leave that much time (which is great) for wondering what to do. We haven't gone "tracting" (knocking on doors) once yet.
 
I beat a new record for myself on day 2 in the field. I have written in my journal every day since being here. In the past, I think my record for journal writing is three days in a row, with about a decade recorded in 10 pages. Never too late to change. So much happens on my mission, that even missing one day is hard to catch up on. For example, if you asked what I did on Saturday or how I felt, I would have no idea. So much has happened since then. It's a constant roller coaster! Fun and challenging and scary. But I know through Christ's Atonement, all things are possible.
IMG_0661.JPG
Trying to stand up in a life
size hamster wheel is hard!
There are miracles out there, we just need to open our eyes and see them!  Little things, such as getting a pair of shoes from another missionary that FIT my huge 12 wide feet. Huge blessing, shoes are hard to find in general, but especially in the size that's needed. So grateful for that missionary! This weekend, we have had three random referrals from different people in other congregations that want to hear our message or meet the missionaries. All completely separate circumstances, but the Lord is preparing people all the time. Whether people change in 6 weeks such as Katrina, or people that have been investigating the church since 2004 as one person that is in our area book (have yet to meet them).
 
Thank you for all your love and support and prayers. I always thought it sounded wierd, but now I understand more...you can feel the power of other's prayers. It's a great comfort, especially at those hard times.


 
When I was getting nervous earlier last week about Sister Donovan and Sister Johnson leaving, I came across this scripture and it was very comforting. Alma 26:27.
 
Sister Nielsen
IMG_0653.JPG

PS: We helped at a spy birthday party for a family in the ward. Afterwards, Sis W0essner and I decided we wanted to be spies too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment