Monday, August 26, 2013

Fort Collins Colorado Temple Groundbrea​king

Hey all!
 
It's been a crazy, hectic, emotional, spiritual, insane week! So I'll start out with the story I forgot to tell last week. Sister Woessner and I went to Loveland to help transport new sisters and luggage back to this area. However, the first day is crazy long for these greenies (new missionaries); so the meeting is done around 8:30 and we leave around 9. We drive these two sisters (or they are Spanish speaking missionaries, so Hermanas) to the home they are staying at in a nearby town. I'll just leave it as a nearby town, because this is crazy! We get to the member's home, take out their bags and bring everything up to the front porch. Knock. wait. Ring the bell. wait. knock. wait. Eventually after like 7 minutes, we call the bishop of this ward and get this member's phone number so we can call her. On the porch, it's Sis W and I, our zone leaders Elder Gable and Elder Peace, and the newer Hermana's. We call and say we are on the front porch. She finally comes to the door and says "I told them I don't want missionaries anymore" (remember at this point it's 10:30 pm, one of the Hermana's has been up since 1am when she left the Mexico City CCM). So we call the WONDERFUL family that Sis W and I stay with, the Rices', and explain the situation. They graciously allowed us to bring the sisters there. But felt bad for those sisters; one first day in the field, the other the first day in this area and they are homeless.
 
The temple ground breaking was this past Saturday and that was really cool! I didn't realize how many political people they would have there! It was cool to listen to the talks and how they would direct their comments to both members of the church and politicians. During the dedication, he also blessed the missionary effort in this mission and area. When he said that, I got goose bumps all over. I'm so glad to be serving here! Afterwards, they invited different groups up to help turn the dirt (basically photo op). One group was all of the missionaries in the area. We say President and Sister Brown get up and also some other missionaries that I know from the MTC. But after their photo, he said it was inspiration that he was told to pray for the missionary work here. That was so cool!
 
This week, I've been studying a lot about faith and realized that is something I really need to work on. Something cool I was reading last week in the bible dictionary in the LDS scriptures was about conversion. It says something similar to trails is how we become converted. So remembering that during hard times, why trials are so important is to help humble us and help us remember that we can't go through life on our own, we need God's help!  Another book that I've been reading and love is the Gospel Principle's manual. It says things so simply and is organized in topics that it's easy to research and learn about one topic at a time.
 
IMG_0763.JPG
A bishopric member here does something for chipotle... I think he's higher up in the company and gives us (sis w and I) free coupons for whatever in chipotle for the few times we don't have a dinner appointment
IMG_0937.JPG
We came home on Saturday and found Emma (the dog) in our closet. There was some nasty thunder and lightning outside...she was so scared!!!! It was sad but kind of funny. It storms every day, but this is the first time I have seen Emma freaking out! Glad our messy closet can give her comfort! lol


IMG_0893.JPG
Went to DQ on our way to transfer doctrine (last week when we find out where we were going this transfer...but we both stayed here)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment